Add-on winch fits into the mounting bracket on top of the RCW-3001, and allows the user to advance the line by attaching a prusik to the rigging line. This provides some lift, and if more travel is needed, the rigging line can be locked off, the prusik advanced, and the process repeated.
Maximum rated capacity of 681 kg (1,501 lb) on a 5.4:1 gear ratio. The load is supported on the bollard as the winch is attached to the lowering line independently through a friction hitch and winch line. This allows the load to be fully supported on the bollard and not the winch.
Once the load has been winched to its desired position, the full weight may be transferred to the main rigging line, by reversing the winch and separating the two lines. The automatic load-actuated brake ensures the load remains suspended if the crank handle is released and avoids an unchecked descent; the load however should always be backed up on the bollard during any lifting operation.
Features & Benefits
- High quality rugged compact braked winch
- Gears and brakes fully covered to prevent dust, dirt and rain contamination
- Finished in high quality zinc coating offering excellent corrosion protection
- Automatic load-actuated brake can hold the load in position
- Heat treated gears
- Very low operator effort required for easy operation
- Only for static load lifting
- NEVER SUBJECT THE RCWINCH TO DYNAMIC LOADING
- Always read the User Manual before use
- Made in the USA