Tachyon 11.5mm Climbing Rope
Popular 24-strand rope that maintains firm, round shape but remains flexible.
Tachyon features improved grip and reduced hand fatigue, and will run well in hardware designed for 11mm ropes. Revolutionary Flexifirm Core Technology results in a lightweight 11.5mm climbing line that stays firm and round while permitting spliced eyes in one or both ends of the line using a double braid splice. The product's firm yet flexible design and superior strand definition significantly improve friction hitch performance without the "bagginess" that can occur with other 11mm ropes.
Features & Benefits
- Excellent competition, work, and rec line
- Super-tight jacket and unique core construction
- Low stretch at low loads for less bounce while climbing
- High stretch at high loads thus minimizing the shock effect in the event of a fall
- Consistent diameter while climbing thus ensuring an improved grip
- Great ease of splicing
- Manufacturer: Teufelberger
- Diameter: 11.5mm (7/16")
- Construction: 24-strand
- Tensile strength: 24.45 kN (5,500 lb)
- Elongation: 2.3% at 10% ABS
- Weight per 100' / 100m: 6.3 lb / 8.4 kg
- Spliceable: No
- Sewn Eyes: Yes
- Made in the USA
Tachyon climbing rope is available in custom lengths on our bulk climbing rope page.
You can add eyes on our rope splicing service page. (Check rope listing for available splice types.)
Ratings & Reviews
This stuff is nice rope. It doesn't milk much. I find myself favoring this line on srt removals where I am using a foot ascender on my gaffs. It takes ascender use well and runs great on a rope wrench.