Turbo Chest Ascender
The rollers on this new chest ascender from CAMP of Italy are a big step up for ascending hardware. Normally this would be wear the rope could rub against the device. Placing these rollers here decreases wear and friction, making for a more efficient and smoother ascent.
The Camp Turbochest is extremely lightweight, at only 3.9 oz, designed to lay flat against the chest, and works with ropes from 8-13mm (up to 1/2").
Features & Benefits
- Rollers increase climbing efficiency and decrease wear and tear on the device and ropes
- Super smooth action and increased safety on traversing maneuvers
- Thicker body plates and a shaped connection point reduce shifting between the device and the connector
- Can be rigged as a locking pulley for light hauling (max load 50 kg, 110 lbs)
- For ropes from 8 to 13 mm
- Manufacturer: CAMP Safety
- Minimum Rope Diameter: 8mm (5/16")
- Maximum Rope Diameter: 13mm (1/2"+)
- Weight: 110g (3.9oz)
Certifications & Standards
- EN 12841/B
- EN 567
Ratings & Reviews
Very nice chest ascender
by John -
I love the Turbo Foot Ascender so got this since same design. It works just as well and is easy to position on chest harness for smooth ascents.