Designed for professionals, the RIG allows the user to move into position then easily stop where needed.
This descender is compact and intuitive to use, making for smooth descents. A simple and effective alternative to more traditional descenders. The RIG's handle allows the user to switch quickly between descent and stopping for work. While the handle is in descent position, it will automatically return to belay position if the user lets go of it. This limits risks in case of involuntary operation of the handle, for example by user action, a falling object, etc.
The RIG was designed to perform the essential functions expected of a descender. Since it is better-adapted for professional use, it effectively replaces descenders like the GRIGRI and STOP. Pivoting cam facilitates taking up the slack in the rope. Can also be used to make a reversible haul system, and for short ascents (in conjunction with a FOOTPRO foot loop and an ASCENSION handled rope clamp).
- Manufacturer: Petzl
- Material(s): aluminum, steel, nylon
- Weight: 400 g
- Minimum rope capacity: 10mm (3/8")
- Maximum rope capacity: 11.5mm (7/16"+)
- Guarantee: 3 years
- Maximum working load: 200 kg (more information in the Instructions for Use and in the technical advice at www.petzl.com)
- Certification(s): EN 341 type 2 class A, CE EN 12841 type C, CE EN 15151-1, NFPA 1983 Technical Use, EAC - EN 341 type 2 class A when used with PARALLEL 10.5 mm or AXIS 11 mm rope - EN 12841 type C when used with a 10 to 11.5 mm EN 1891 A rope - EN 15151-1 when used with a 9 to 11 mm rope - NFPA 1983 Technical Use when used with a 10 to 11.5 mm rope