Ropeguide Cocoon Pulley - 5'
Smooth rope work and special care for the cambium join forces in this outstanding device. The Rope Guide 2010 is very light, and ropes run effortlessly in it. The Rope Guide must be set by hand, but may be retrieved remotely (this is greatly aided with the Double Snapper). The new ring is 50% lighter than a solid ring and still achieves comparable stability as well as much enhanced safety. The rope now runs protected within the tube-shaped ring - and it might sound strange but it is true: the rope enhances the breaking strength of the ring and vice versa! The contact surface is 8 mm parallel sewn double rope makes which combines the strength and advantages of rope with a wider contact surface.
Right behind the tube shaped ring there is now a small "fender" built in. The fender allows for the ring to align vertically when pulled from a forked branch, which makes for an easy gliding even through smaller forks. Release lever: The longer lever now allows for an easy release of the locking cam when pulled, as with the Positioner 2. This makes retrieving even easier and more reliable. Spring loaded cam: This feature prevents rope from accidental sliding.
Features & Benefits
- integrated Zip Absorber 1
- infinitely adjustable length
- can be combined with DoubleSnapper 3
- slight “lifting” of the pulley when climbing rope is inserted
- optimised “choking” function due to spring-loaded rope grab
- automatic blocking of the adjustment mechanism without slippage
- minimum shifting of the adjustment mechanism even with heavy loads
- highest degree of safety and load capacity due to the tunnel ring and rope combination
- optimised sliding of the ring out of the tree crutch via the integrated fender
- optimised releasing of the adjustment mechanism when pulled, due to the effect of the release lever
- wide, abrasion-resistant cambium saver with lower tendency to kink due to parallel stitched 8 mm polyamide rope