Naja Friction Saver by Petzl
Friction saver for tree care that is easily retrievable from the ground, with an integrated pulley and a strap with different adjustment positions.
Designed for tree care, the NAJA friction saver allows the work rope to be set up without damaging the tree. The strap has four different adjustment positions to adapt to different branch diameters. Rope ascents and movement in the tree are optimized, thanks to the high-efficiency pulley which facilitates rope glide at the anchor. The included retrieval ball makes the system easily retrievable from the ground.
For ropes 11 - 13mm (up to 1/2”) in diameter.
Features & Benefits
- Adjustable friction saver allows the work rope to be set up without harming the tree
- Strap has four different adjustment positions to adapt to different branch diameters
- Comes with 1.5 m replaceable, high-visibility strap that can be connected to another 1.5 or 2.5 m strap to lengthen the friction saver and enable work on larger trees
- Easy to install the rope with it clipped into the MINO accessory carabiner)
- Integrated high-efficiency pulley optimizes rope glide at the anchor
- Two-person use is possible for carrying out a rescue
- Easily retrievable from the groudn
- Once the rope has passed through the pulley, the system can be retrieved when the retrieval ball becomes blocked in the MINO accessory carabiner
- Strap and slots are slim to reduce the risk of getting the friction saver stuck in the tree
- Manufacturer: Petzl
- Minimum rope diameter: 11mm (7/16")
- Maximum rope diameter: 13mm (1/2+")
- Maximum load: 250 kg (551 lb)
- Sheave type: Sealed ball gearings
- Sheave diameter: 18mm
- Efficiency: 91%
- Material: Aluminum, stainless steel, nylon, polyester
- Weight: 400 g (14.1 oz)
- EN 795 B
- EN 12278
Ratings & Reviews
Best friction saver.
Absolutely love this friction saver, in my opinion it’s the best pulley based friction saver for the money. The pulley could be a higher efficiency but it’s still smooth. I have used this everyday since it’s release and have only got it stuck once, and it wasn’t really the devices fault. Can be used for MRS or SRS