KAYO Chainsaw Boot
The Kayo is a unique arborist boot that combines chainsaw protection and climbing performance in one efficient package.
The Kayo boots are a new generation of technical chainsaw boots designed to perform in a broad range of work scenarios. The key features of the Karo are low-cut height and sleek profile. A chainsaw-protected gator and tongue provide protection above the lowered boot top. This provides a tailor-fit for the professional chainsaw user.
The Kayo's upper body is handcrafted from premium leathers, laminated with chainsaw protective materials and waterproof membrane. Arbortec's BreatheDry system is highly-breathable and waterproof, for a more comfortable work day. Rubber randing wrapped around the lower half of the boot enhances durability of the boot. The Kayos lacing system and secure inner sock fits wide or narrow feet snugly, and keeps debris out of your boot tops.
You'll have great traction and secure footing thanks to a Vibram lug sole.
Features & Benefits
- Low cut, slim design boot
- Class 2 chainsaw protection
- Loop for SRT climbing system
- Light weight: 1.1kg per boot
- Vibram sole
To preserve your Arbortec boots and ensure longevity it is extremely important that they are maintained correctly. Arbortec recommends cleaning and treating your boots with products from our range, that have been chosen specifically, and follow the guidelines set out below.
- Always clean your boots regularly.
- Leather footwear: thoroughly clean your footwear with the recommend gel, polish off then finish with a waterproofing cream such as Chelsea Dubbin Cream, Nikwax.
- Nubuck/Suede footwear: brush away all dirt and contaminants then follow with the specialist Nubuck and Suede waterproofing products available from Arbortec.
- Never clean with solvents of any kind.
- Do not leave your footwear in direct sunlight or force dry.
- Ensure your footwear is completely dry before wearing them to prevent the formation of mildew and unpleasant smells.
The waterproofing can be compromised if the boots aren't fully dry before each use. If the boots are left wet to be used while wet, over a period of time the water can be forced through the leather and Breathedry system.
To maintain the waterproofing on the footwear we suggest the following.
- Clean the boots.
- Leave to fully dry.
- Re waterproof using Chelsea Dubbin Cream / Nikwax.