Chicane by Petzl
As long as the Zigzag has been around, people have wanted to use it in SRS - and now with the Chicane you can!
The CHICANE allows ZIGZAG and ZIGZAG PLUS mechanical Prusiks to be used on single ropes. It provides continuous additional friction on descents. The excellent compatibility of the CHICANE and mechanical Prusik as an assembled unit ensures smooth rope glide through the brake during ascents. The ergonomic handle provides excellent grip and facilitates movement while limb walking. Thanks to the openable side plate, installation is quick and easy.
Note: The Chicane needs to be used with Petzl H-Frame Am'D or OK carabiners for proper fitting.
Features & Benefits
- Allows ZIGZAG and ZIGZAG PLUS mechanical Prusiks to be used on single ropes:
- continuous additional braking action, thanks to the added friction of the two friction pins
- used with an Am'D or OK connector (not included). The H-shaped cross-section of the connector, together with the positioning ring of the mechanical Prusik, make the CHICANE and mechanical Prusik a compatible unit that ensures smooth rope glide through the brake during ascents
- ergonomic handle facilitates movement while limb walking
- Easy installation:
- openable side plate for quick and easy installation on the rope
- triple action unlocking limits rick of accidentally opening the side plate
- connects on the upper hole of the mechanical Prusik
- Material(s): aluminum, steel, nylon
- Weight: 255 g
- Minimum rope diameter: 11,5 mm
- Maximum rope diameter: 13 mm
- Rope compatibility: EN 1891 type A low stretch kernmantle ropes
- Working load limit: 140 kg
- Certification(s): CE